With two decades of experience helping business and commercial clients resolve a variety of disputes and controversies, Ben Crittenden enjoys a wide-ranging litigation practice focused on the representation of small businesses, banks and other creditors. Ben works closely and tirelessly with his clients to determine their objectives, implement appropriate strategies, and obtain their desired outcomes. Ben often helps clients negotiate favorable outcomes to complex challenges. If matters can't be resolved amicably, he is practiced and comfortable litigating before state and local administrative agencies, arbitrators, and trial and appellate courts.
Areas of Practice
Banking and Finance Law
Government and Regulatory Litigation
State and Local Tax Litigation
Business Disputes and Litigation
State and Federal Constitutional Litigation
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, 2002 Honors: Order of the Coif, Journal of Natural Resources and Environmental Law, CALI Awards for Highest Grade in Business Associations, Corporate Finance, Basic Uniform Commercial Code, Evidence, Federal Courts and International Law
- B.A., Transylvania University, Lexington, Kentucky, 1999 Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Phi Alpha Theta History Honorary Society
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers®, Kentucky, Category: Administrative Law, 2021, 2024
Associations and Memberships
- Board Member, Kentucky Traumatic Brain Injury Trust Fund
- Member of Kentucky Chamber of Commerce’s Competitiveness Policy Council
- “Judicial Review of Administrative Decisions,” Kentucky Civil Practice After Trial (3d. Ed. 2011) (Co-Author)
- Symposium Edition Editorial Board: The State and Local Tax Lawyer (American Bar Association Publication)
Past Employment PositionsPrior to joining Morgan Pottinger McGarvey, Ben was a law clerk to Chief Judge Karl S. Forester of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky and later worked in the commercial litigation practice group with one of Kentucky’s largest law firms.
In the News
Morgan Pottinger McGarvey announced today that Ben Crittenden has been named a shareholder. Crittenden’s practice focuses on banking and …
Morgan Pottinger McGarvey is pleased to announce that several of the firm’s attorneys have been named 2024 Kentucky Super Lawyers®, …
Morgan Pottinger McGarvey is pleased to announce that several of the firm’s attorneys have been named 2021 Kentucky Super …
In addition to practicing law and spending time with his wife, Amy, and their two children, Ben is a bourbon enthusiast and middle-of-the-pack long distance runner.