Sharon Hardy’s practice focuses on real estate acquisition, development and financial transactions.
Throughout her career, Sharon has represented and counseled investors and developers in connection with the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and leasing of commercial properties, including healthcare, hospitality, multifamily, industrial, office and retail facilities. She has extensive expertise in identifying and resolving title and survey issues, and frequently serves as agent for national underwriters.
Sharon represents financial institutions in structuring, documenting, closing, modifying and restructuring loans secured by commercial real estate.
Areas of Practice
Commercial Real Estate
Real Estate Finance
- J.D., University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky, Phi Alpha Delta
- B.A., University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Chambers and Partners USA, Real Estate, 2013-2020
- Top Lawyer, Louisville Magazine, Commercial Real Estate and Finance, 2008; Commercial Real Estate, Finance and Real Estate, 2009; Banking & Finance and Real Estate, 2011
During college and law school, Sharon examined title to real estate throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing a foundation for her work as a title insurance agent for national underwriters on commercial projects.
In the News
Sharon Hardy receives highest peer rating for 25 consecutive years
Sharon Hardy has received a 2021 AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®, marking 25 consecutive years Martindale-Hubbell has …
Morgan & Pottinger Welcomes Commercial Transactions Attorney Sharon C. Hardy
Morgan & Pottinger, P.S.C. announced today that Sharon C. Hardy has joined the firm’s Louisville office as a member. Hardy’s practice …
More than a Lawyer
Sharon lives with her husband and their two Jack Russel terriers. Her interests include the never-ending renovation of their home in the historic Cherokee Triangle. She is an avid in-line skater and runner.