Sharon Hardy’s practice concentrates on commercial transactions, including commercial real estate finance and asset-based lending. Her commercial real estate practice includes construction financing for office, retail, industrial, multifamily and hospitality projects. Sharon assists institutional lenders in structuring, documenting, closing, modifying and restructuring loans, and workout transactions.
Sharon serves as lead counsel on major commercial real estate transactions, representing investors in the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and leasing of commercial properties, including office, retail, industrial, multifamily, hospitality and healthcare facilities.
- J.D., University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky, 1977, Phi Alpha Delta
- B.A., University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, 1974
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Chambers and Partners USA, Real Estate, 2013-2018
- Top Lawyer, Louisville Magazine, Commercial Real Estate and Finance, 2008; Commercial Real Estate, Finance and Real Estate, 2009; Banking & Finance and Real Estate, 2011
During college and law school, Sharon examined title to real estate throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing a foundation for her work as a title insurance agent for national underwriters on commercial projects.
More than a Lawyer
Sharon lives with her husband and their Jack Russell terrier. Her interests include the never-ending renovation of their home in the historic Cherokee Triangle. She is an avid in-line skater and runner.