Bradley S. Salyer is a diligent and detail-oriented board-certified attorney experienced in creditors’ rights, insolvency and restructuring; practicing in a multitude of state and federal jurisdictions and in various transactional settings. His practice focuses on bankruptcy, commercial litigation, foreclosure, loan workouts and appellate law. Brad leads Morgan Pottinger McGarvey's Bowling Green office, and he was instrumental in the firm's efforts to open an office there for our South Central Kentucky clients. He joined MPM in 2009 after graduating from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he served on the Moot Court Board. Brad is a member of the firm's Policy & Procedures and Marketing Committees. He is also a Chapter 7 Panel Trustee for the Western District of Kentucky, Owensboro Division.
Areas of Practice
U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
U.S. District Court Eastern District Tennessee
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, 2009, Honors: Moot Court Board
- B.A., Georgetown College, Georgetown, Kentucky, 2003, Honors: Brown Scholar, Trustees' Scholar
Honors and Awards
“Kentucky Rising Star” by Super Lawyers®, Business Bankruptcy, 2013-2019
Elected Parent Representative to School-Based Decision-Making Council for Plano Elementary School, 2018-2019
Credit Abuse Resistance Education, Jefferson County Coordinating Committee Member and Program Volunteer
Credit Abuse Resistance Education, South-Central KY Coordinating Committee Founder and Program Volunteer
Junior Achievement – Program Volunteer
Leadership Bowling Green Alumni Association, Board Member, 2017-2018
Leadership Bowling Green, Class President, 2016
Graduate of Leadership Louisville - Focus Louisville, 2014
Greenways for Oldham County, Inc., Board Member, 2010-2014
Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels
Kiwanis Club of Bowling Green – Member
Professional Associations and Memberships
Louisville Bar Association
Bowling Green-Warren County Bar Association
Kentucky Bar Association
Indiana Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
Board Certified - Creditors' Rights Law - American Board of Certification
Chapter 7 Panel Trustee for the Western District of Kentucky
National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees – Member
American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, Secured Credit Committee
Young Professionals Association of Louisville
- Bondholders Face Stormy Seas in Puerto Rico Debt Restructuring, Clarks’ Secured Transactions Monthly, 34, No. 9, September 2018
- Kentucky Bar Association, Kentucky Law Update, “Stranger in a Strange Land: What To Do When Your State Court Case Has Been Dragged Into Bankruptcy Court,” 2017
- National Business Institute, Loan Workouts and Foreclosures: “Receiverships”, 2015
- National Business Institute, Equine Law: “Drafting, Contracts and Agreements,” “Boarding Issues Generally,” “Special Topics in Equine Law,” “Ethics for the Equine Lawyer,” 2014
- Bowman v. Fifth Third Mortgage Company, 2018 WL 565828 (Ky. App. 2018)
- In re Wilson, 2017 WL 5054314 (Bankr. W.D. KY 2017)
- In re Penick¸ 2017 WL 3772620 (Bankr. E.D. KY 2017)
- MainSource Bank v. Leaf Capital Funding, LLC, 2017 WL 588195 (Bankr. S.D. Ind. 2017)
- Waldman v. PNC Bank, National Association, 2016 WL 7330568 (Ky. App. 2016).
- Roman, et al. v. Great American Financial Services, 2015 WL 226086 (Ky. App. 2015).
- Go Wireless, Inc. v. Deane W. Lehrmitt, et al. (In re Lehrmitt), 2015 WL 351211 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2015).
- In re Shelbyville Road Shoppes, LLC (Lawrence v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Transportation Cabinet), 775 F.3d 789 (6th Cir. 2015).
- In re Ban Am Express, Inc., 2014 WL 4658206 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2014).
- Mark. D. Dean, P.S.C. v. Commonwealth Bank & Trust Company, 434 S.W.3d 489 (Ky. 2014).
- In re Cupolo, 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 486 (Bankr. E.D. Ky. 2013).
- In re Shelbyville Road Shoppes, LLC (Lawrence v. Commonwealth of Kentucky, Transportation Cabinet), 2013 Bankr. LEXIS 2249 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2013).
- In re Batt (Apperson v. First Federal Bank of the Midwest, et. al.), 2012 Bankr. LEXIS 4698 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 2012).
In the News
Morgan Pottinger McGarvey is pleased to announce that several of the firm’s attorneys have been named 2019 Kentucky Super …
The following is an excerpt from the article, "Bondholders Face Stormy Seas in Puerto Rico Debt Restructuring", written by MPM creditors' …
The American Board of Certification has announced that Bradley S. Salyer, an attorney with Morgan & Pottinger, P.S.C., has successfully …
Brad is a sports enthusiast and a die-hard University of Kentucky basketball fan. He and his wife Rachel are the proud parents of two young daughters and twin sons. Outside of the office, Brad enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, cooking or traveling to see his nieces and nephews.