The Third Biennial Collection Law Conference was rescheduled due to inclement weather. The conference will now take place on Thursday, May 14.
M&P Shareholder Mindy Sunderland will chair the University of Kentucky’s Third Biennial Collection Law Conference on Thursday, May 14, in Lexington, Kentucky. John McGarvey, shareholder and chair of the firm’s executive committee, will be presenting on “Prejudgment Remedies/Postjudgment Collection”. Other topics include:
- Handling the Collection Case – The 360° View
- Workouts, Forbearance Agreements and Other Collection Remedies
- Retail Foreclosure Defense (RESPA/TILA/HOPA/HAMP)
- “Zombie Titles” and Non-Dischargeability Actions in Bankruptcy
- Current and Future Challenges to the Collection of Debt in Kentucky
- Student Loan Collection and the CFPB
Pre-registration is strongly recommended. Click here for the conference brochure and registration form. The conference is approved by the Kentucky Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Commission for 6.5 hours of credit, as well as in “60 minute” states, including Indiana and Tennessee. States calculating “50 minute” credit hours should approve this conference for 8.0 hours.