Morgan McGarvey’s practice focuses on litigation, drawing upon experience he acquired as a Special Assistant Attorney General in Kentucky and in Washington D.C. as a staff member for Congressman Ben Chandler. He’s an excellent communicator and has a sharp sense for understanding a client’s needs. Morgan began his career as an associate at the largest law firm in Kentucky. He joined MPM in 2010, serves on the firm’s Marketing Committee and is a member of the Litigation Practice Group. Morgan was elected to the Kentucky State Senate in 2012 and represents the 19th District (Louisville).
Areas of Practice
U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- J.D., University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, 2007, Honors: Kentucky Law Journal, Moot Court Board, National Moot Court Team, Student Bar Association President
- B.A., University of Missouri, 2002, Honors: Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- duPont Manual High School Hall of Fame, 2017
- “Kentucky Rising Star” by Super Lawyers®, 2013-2017
- Business First of Louisville Forty Under 40, 2013
- Leadership Kentucky, 2010
- Prichard Committee on Effectiveness, Member, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Young Professionals Association of Louisville
- Greater Louisville Inc.
Past Employment Positions
Special Assistant Attorney General, 2008 - 2010
In the News
Attorneys Tom Coffey and Morgan McGarvey are representing LMPD Sex Crimes Unit Detective Jason Moseley who was demoted after disclosing a …
Kentucky Senate Democrats held elections on Wednesday, December 5, to elect their leadership team for the 2019-20 biennium. MPM attorney …
A record 193 bills were passed into law during the 2017 session of the Kentucky General Assembly. This summary is by no means exhaustive, …
Senator Morgan McGarvey was elected to the Kentucky State Senate in 2012 and represents the 19th District (Louisville). His committee appointments include Banking and Insurance; Licensing, Occupations, and Administrative Regulations; State and Local Government, and Transportation committees.
An active member of his community, Senator McGarvey is involved with the March of Dimes and the New Leaders Council. His wife, Chris, is a Learning and Development Professional at Yum! Brands. They are parents to two young twins, Clara and Wilson.